Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Last Emails from the MTC - The 1st One

 Hey family!!
Can you believe it!?  It’s almost time to go! I had breakfast this morning (12/24) but I've got so much nerves I don't think that was a good idea. I'm so excited to go to Germany and to talk to you all my breakfast may just come right back up! Thank you EVERYONE for the emails today! I loved hearing from you all and thank you for your last words of advice and encouragement. Mum, thank you so very much for the boots and gloves and knee highs. (Christmas gifts) As I am typing this last email from the MTC I am wearing a dress you made and me new knee highs and gorgeous new boots! All the sisters love them too!! :) I'm sorry I forgot to tell you all that I did get the package with all the Christmas gifts and the second package last night. You should be proud of me I haven't opened anything wrapped! I've tried to convince the other missionaries to wait till tomorrow too but some just couldn't handle it and have already opened everything. Quite funny!

   So this week we had to say good-bye to our teachers Bruder Hill and Bruder Pedersen. I felt like mum and dad were dropping me off at LSU again and sending me off into the world. We have become a family to one another and its sad to leave everyone but its for a really good reason. Our last day with both teachers they brought pictures of the actual investigator they were playing. (I'm not sure if I told you all but every investigator we taught was someone that they did) It was really neat to see pictures of Ming, Peter, and Dieter. They also had pictures of where they served and many German traditions. I'm excited to experience a new culture and a new people. I learned to embrace and love the people of Louisiana and their wonderful culture I'm sure the same will happen for Deutschland! Yesterday we spent the entire day in in-field orientation and it was phenomenal!! They went through contacting people in the airport, in parks, wherever, using members, setting goals, and having faith in all that we do. We did a bunch of workshops and had a lot of role-plays and discussions. It was really good and made me really excited to travel on Monday. From what we have been told we will spend a few days in the mission home training with our trainer and we should be with our trainer for the next two tranfers, which takes us to then end of March! Time is flying by too quickly already!


  
  Tonight we get to watch a movie and eat popcorn. Tomorrow a general authority is supposed to come and speak to us, we're going to have a giant sacrament meeting, a Christmas lunch just like at Thanksgiving so our workers can go home to their families, and then we're going to run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to do some last minute packing :)


  
   I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with lots of love and peace and joy and yummy yummy food! I'm sorry this is not a very interesting email but I just wanted my wonderful family to know how much I love and miss you all! Thanks for telling me whats going on in your lives. I really enjoy hearing about you all and what you're doing. If there is anything I can do for you all just send a holler! I love you! Be good, have fun, get along, and remember to live in the moment and don't worry so much about the future. As long as you're doing what you're supposed to everything will work its self out.

   Love you all, be good and have a Fröliche Weincahten bitte! Ich habe Sie alle Lieb! Tschüss bis Montag wann ich kann rufen Sie an!!!
-Liebe Ariel Nell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment