Thursday, December 29, 2011

Willkommen nach Deutschland!

Hello!
So I have arrived safely to Berlin. The first day here has been rough. I successfully got rid of anything I have ever eaten in the 21 years I have been on this earth. At 1am I woke up really nauseous and then from 2:30am-1:00pm I've been throwing up and having really horrible trips to the bathroom (imagine any time you've ever felt horrifically sick and ever imagined how your body could be treating you so terribly). I'm sure you all wanted to know. Accompanying all of that has been body aches and chills and then heat waves.
 
I'm feeling a lot better today. I spent all day at the mission office and mission home while Sister Pimentel took care of me or Sister Monson in the mission office. I've taken 3 long naps which have helped a lot! Also I've only eaten three crackers today and three glasses of water and am doing much better at keeping food inside me. Tomorrow we will have our Golden Conference and find out who our trainers will be and what area we will serve in. They call us "goldens" not "greenies" (Most missions refer to their new missionary arrivals as Greenies) here because they say we're magical, like gold :) Our p-days are Monday so I'll get to email you then! I hope you are all doing well and that you're keeping food down! I love you all.
-Ariel Nell

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Rough way to enter the mission field. Sure hope the rest of the week/year goes MUCH BETTER!!! =D We're excited to know where your first area will be, and compare it to Bro Ab's mission map. :)

    ~Connie

    ReplyDelete