Friday, February 24, 2012

Excerpt from a letter to Bryan!

On my first day in Halberstadt, we got home at 8:30 in the evening, and we ran into one of our neighbors inside. He grabbed one of my bags and carried it up the three flights of stairs for us. We talked to him for a little bit, and he told us that he works at the Halberstadt opera; he is a bass. I asked him what they were performing or rehearsing. They are performing La Traviata,I think, this coming week and then Wagner's Loengrin at the end of the month. Cool huh? I told him all about you :)
In East Germany its full of these hoch häusers, really huge apartment buildings. I did my first one, over 120 doors in one hour. It's impressive how many people live in one building! Sadly no appointments were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment