Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day weekend in America, letter to Mum

Hey Mumma,

  It's funny you mentioned my pearls because Sister Openshaw just mentioned them a few minutes ago too that I wear them the most of anything I own. They just make me feel grown up and special :)
  I'm really impressed with the Sister Missionaries and how much work they have been able to do in your ward. We are allowed to travel throughout the mission to go to baptisms that we had a hand in preparing if we would like too. Sister Openshaw went back to Berlin for a baptism of an investigator she taught there. I'm glad that all the Sister Missionaries came back to support these people. What a wonderful thing that the ward is growing so much. Make sure you help them all feel welcomed and loved!

  I'm excited that Adriana wants to go on a mission too! I received a letter from Aubree a little while ago and she told me of her mission plans too. If all goes well I will miss her by a few months. I'm glad that they both want to serve missions. I really think it was the best decision I could have ever made. It is a lot of hard work but has taught me so much. Things I never expected to learn. 
  
   I don't have the miracle of forgiveness with me. Its not on the missionary library but I can ask president in my email to him today if its alright if I get it from you and read it and let you know next week. All I remember Andre saying is that it made him feel like he had a lot of repenting to do. As we all should every day :) Right now I'm working my way through the Bible. I'm almost done with Isaiah which means almost done with the Old Testament. I'm also reading the Book of Mormon in German. I have all the other missionary library books but I wanted to get through the entire standard works before I read those. I just have the New Testament and then I'm done. Isaiah is the most lovely book. I can't understand why other faiths can't see Christ written all over that book or the Book of Mormon for that matter or that there was a need for a restoration. It's ALL over the place.
 
  So Schwester Munkes cake is a German cake on the bottom, cream, cream puffs, cream, and then a raspberry jello on top. I believe she used one of those forms that you can unhook so you don't have to slide anything. She used to work in a bakery but she said she only dealt with the bread. I think some of the dessert making rubbed off though. I'll ask her for the recipe for you. Yeah, Thomas keeps pictures of all the missionaries that have ever worked with him. Don't be worried about that mum. Thomas loves the missionaries because they helped him change his life. He has so much faith and recognizes Gods hand in his life. He loves all of us because of the work we are doing. All the members here do. They can tell you about missionaries from years ago still that made an impression on them. 
 
   Thanks for the package! I should get it when we have zone conference again. We will be having two next transfer since the Pimentels will be leaving and the new presidents will come. This week we got to go to Zone conference in Hannover. It was really fun to go. I got my package from Jean so tell her that it got here safely. I'll be sending her a letter later this week to thank her. After zone conference we tauched, or did exchanges, and I rode back to Celle with Sister Bush. I thought Celle was beautiful in the winter but it is the most gorgeous place right now. Everything is green an blooming. Its just lovely! It was kind of weird to be back but so much fun to know my way around. It's my home in Germany. Since we're in summer now the sun didn't go down till 10:30 in Celle. I was so shocked. I kept looking at the clock thinking I was reading the time wrong. It gets light really early and dark really late. It doesn't it do it as late here in Halberstadt. It's super strange. 
   We had an activity as a ward and we were able to bring a less active family, and an investigators family. It was on the Jahnweise, this huge lawn on the top of Halberstadt. We got to wear pants since there are a lot of ticks around there. It was wonderful! We played soccer and baseball with the kids. Our ward members were impressed that Sister Openshaw and I are both good at soccer :)
 
   Today is another religious holiday that everyone gets off. Its called Finksten but I believe its Pentacost in English. Its funny how many holidays they have here and how they're all religious but no one is religious.
   Thanks for all your love and support and letting me know what you're up to. 
 
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment