Monday, June 4, 2012

From Dad

Hey Dad!
Sorry you were up so late responding but I'm glad that you were able to still write me! Your adventures of trying to find doors sounds like fun. I miss going around to all the antique places in Atlanta. It sounds like you guys have the sisters over often! That's super cool. Are you enjoying working with them? The new Sister sounds like she'll be a hard worker! Keep up the good work Dad, you're doing a great job as bishop and feeding all the sheep that you're in charge of! I'm glad Mum is going to the wedding. I didn't get the package yet because it was sent to the office so we only get it at zone conferences or presidents interviews. Our next zone conference is June 20th so I'll get it then. Thanks for sending it! I can't think of anything I need right now but thanks for asking!

So on Tuesday I took my driving test. You are allowed to get 10 negative points and I got 12 (which means I missed 3 questions) so I didn't pass. I called President to let him know and he said I'd know on Saturday if I needed to take it again. On Saturday we had our transfer call and Sister Openshaw and I will both be staying in Halberstadt for our fourth transfer together. That's unheard of in our mission to stay with the same companion that long! We are both really excited and so is our branch. So that means on the 12th of June I'll be going to take the driving test again. Some prayers to help me study would be helpful!

Sister Openshaw and I are working really hard to get the less actives at church or just involved in church again. There is one lady, Schwester XXXXXXXX, who hasn't been to church in 18 years since she had her last child, Maria. Last week, Maria and Schwester XXXXXXXX came to the ward activity and we were able to meet with them on Saturday and teach them how to make brownies, had a spiritual thought with them, and then played a card game together. There is another lady we're working with who seems to think that no one does anything for her (not true). I think showing her some love and inviting her to activities and church more often will help her get back into the swing of things.

We have sort of lost contact with Herr XXXXX :( He cancelled for an appointment 3 weeks ago. We tried to reschedule and call him, text him, and even stop by his house but we haven't been able to get into contact with him. Our district leader told us to give him a week of no contact from us and then try again after a week. So our week ends Wednesday. Its probably the hardest thing trying to not contact someone who was so on the ball and so excited about everything. I know he knows the church is true. I've heard it from his mouth multiple times. I'll let you know what happens with that.

I love you Dad! Thanks for all your love and support! Have a great week at work and try not to get too stressed with anything! Love you!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment