Monday, September 24, 2012

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Dad,
Thanks for all the pictures! I especially liked all the ones of La Place. I remember going to a YSA dance when I was out at school there. I'm glad that you're still playing tennis and that you and Dan are having fun at it too! I am also glad that you hit the priesthood hard with referrals. We ask EVERYONE we talk to for referrals and this week we got three for the first time ever. That was super neat. We rarely get referrals from Salt Lake. It's true, that if we don't address the elephant in the room its just going to make a bigger mess. Part of missionary work is being bold.

Make sure to take pictures of the ward trunk-or-treat party! I'll write Eli today and hopefully he can understand it. Thanks for encouraging him to write me:)

This week we got to the book of Ether in the Book of Mormon with Frau XXXXXXX. I'm so excited to be almost done with it. She is so looking forward to General Conference. She sobbed yesterday thinking for some reason that she wouldn't be able to go. We also found out in church yesterday that President Monson is coming to visit us and that we will be going to hear him speak the week before my birthday. When Frau XXXXXXX heard the news she clapped her hands together with joy. I wish more people could have the same reactions as she does to the gospel. We told a member that he was coming and they responded as ''yea, so?'' Its sad and frustrating.

This week we hope to be blessed with finding more people who are interested in meeting with us. We had some new appointments last week but they all fell out. We did a lot of putting Books of Mormon in peoples briefkastens since they weren't home. XXXXXX's baptism did not end up happening. The morning of he woke up with numb legs and couldn't walk. This week he is in the hospital and Sister Tidwell and I are hoping that we will be allowed to visit him. I got a package from Auntie Jean this week with a package of fantales inside. They helped us get over our sorrows Sunday night. It's been getting colder, 4°C yesterday. We have pulled out gloves and scarfs and coats now. Winter is right around the corner!

Well I hope you have a great week dad. Keep up working on Percy Graingers music. He is such a fabulous musician. I'm excited to hear the ''I'm dreaming of a white Christmas''. I really miss listening to Christmas music especially on the radio. I love you Dad. Be good and have fun this week!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment