Monday, November 5, 2012

Daylight Savings Time is Amazing!

Hey Lyndel,
  Thanks for the recipe!  I'm sorry you missed me so much this last week. I did ache at the beginning to be away from family but the more time that passes the more excited I am so see family again. I love being on a mission and a little nervous to face reality or the real world again but I miss the family. Right now its not so bad and I'm hoping it can stay that way for Christmas. We will see.

    Michael's birthday card should arrive today. I had to pay like €3 to get it there cause it was a square and not a rectangle. They are just so prejudice. Nori Nori sounds lovely! I hope you all have a fun time and that Michael enjoys celebrating his birthday. Did you get him a present?

   Teaching is going really well. This last week we had a lot of investigators that decided to drop their appointments randomly or show up when we weren't here at the church and that's annoying. But for the most part everyone is doing well. We are trying to help everyone where their weaknesses are and help them understand the gospel and the truths that are found in it. We didn't get any new investigators this week but hopefully next.

   I'm reading in the new testament right now and I was blown away by something Paul said. Its in 1 Corinthians 15:8-10. I really love verse 10 ''But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not i, but the grace of God which was with me.'' The spirit just hit me so strong this week when I read this. Paul doesn't mean that it doesn't matter he is who he is but he means he is who he is BECAUSE of Christs Atonement and it was the Atonement that helped him labor more abundantly. I also loved that he said that the grace which was bestowed on him was not in vain. That's something I try to focus on a lot. Do I let Christs atonement be offered in vain or do I use it everyday? It amazes me that Christ loves us so much that he died and was resurrected for us. I love reading the scriptures and finding the bits that I need to help me throughout my day.

      Do you guys have any fun plans for this week? I hope you all have a great time tonight and remember that I love and miss you! Oh here are some pictures!
Grosse kirche here in Bremerhaven

my birthday pie

Me in in Speckenbüttler park, across the street from the church

Bremerhaven from the Weser

No comments:

Post a Comment