Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy December! Christmas music of B98.5!! Your favorite!

My life does depend on sharing the Gospel!

  How you doing Andre Nicholas? I spent the morning sharing pictures of you with sister dean. She likes your beard :) I'm so jealous you guys went to the Spelman/Moorehouse College Christmas concert. Next year, I'll leave school just so I can hear that concert. I've only ever been once, and it changed my life!! I wanted to go to Spelman just to sing. Too bad I can't sing that well.  I like that all your Christmas decorations are up. Please do send some pictures.

   As for Christmas gifts. Tights are always handy. I seem to go through tights like toilet paper. They certainly aren't made to be worn everyday all day like we do on missions. Cardigans are always good too :) Well its' December and 1°C outside and plummeting but its just lovely. We rode to Innenstadt this morning to take pictures of the Weihnachtsmarkt for the family. I'll be sure to send another email to everyone of pictures. It is just lovely and fresh outside and there's a love and feeling in the air that wasn't there before. Sister Dean and I made friends with a man who works a Weihnachtsmarkt booth from Equador this morning. He wants to buy us a cup a tea and talk about the Book of Mormon so Weihnachtmarkts are great places to find people to talk to! :)

    Sister Dean and I got a dryer this week! It is CHRISTMAS for sure! I can't tell you just how exciting it is to have a dryer when it is freezing outside.  Our transfer call is December 29th, so no one got transfered. I already made my new planner with pictures from the flowers from the Biltmore that you sent me. I found words in an old Liahona that said 'Grow up unto the Lord' and put it on there as well.  So thanks for the pictures! I'm not sure where I will train but it'll definitely happen.

   So here is an experience that happened this week that I'm sharing with everyone: This week was amazing! So probably the most amazing experience of my mission happened this week that just showed me that I really have been an instrument in the hands of the Lord and that he really does answer prayers. So on November 13th sister Dean and I were dooring and the last door of the night we met XXXXX. She immediately invited us in and we got to know her. She is super friendly, probably the funniest german I know, and very humble. She shared with us that she didn't know why she was here, so what her purpose on earth was. We shared with her a brief introduction of the Plan of Salvation and left her with the pamphlet. She was terrified that the world is going to end on the 21st of December so we told her we would come back the 22nd. She doesn't like fest (planned) appointments at all so we were careful not to push our luck thats why we said we would come back december 22nd. Well I couldn't stop thinking about her and have just been really excited to be able to go back to her. On the 26th, so last Monday. All our set appointments fell out that normally don't so Sister Dean turned to me and asked me what we should do. I thought about the area for a second and then said we should stop by XXXXX so we did. We klingeled and she answered the door and again told u s immediately that we should come inside. She said she had to tell us something as soon as we sat down. The evening of the 12th, XXXXX prayed for the first time in a long time to God that he would help her know what her plan is in life. She told him that she felt as if sh had no plan or direction, and she asked him to send his angels to her to help her find her way. Well we showed up the next day and talked to her about ''the plan'' and she told us she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her when she read the word ''plan'' on the front of the brochure. We left and she said she read the pamphlet EVERYDAY since we left. She said everything she read was things that she just knew to be right and she had thought her whole life but other people had said she was crazy and had devil ideas. Well she loved the brochure so much she let her Mom read it but her mom never returned it to her. She knew her mom would never give it back so the evening of the 25th she prayed again that God would send us to her again to give her another plan of salvation pamphlet and that if we were the right church to send us. And when her door bell went off the evening of the 26th and she opened it to see us standing there in the rain she about had a heart attack. She said it was too crazy and couldn't be a coincidence and that the Lord really does listen to her prayers. She told us that she had to have every book that we have and she has to listen to what we have to say. She is so ready for the Gospel. I had recently been feeling down because my spiritual promptings come differently than other missionaries and so sometimes it just makes me feel like either I'm not paying attention or I'm just not receiving any. Well I prayed the night of the 25th that I could really be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. That he would show me that I really am doing good and helping and the fact that XXXXX prayed us there twice was the biggest answer to my prayers that I do follow the promptings the Lord sends me and I really have been an instrument in the hands of the Lord to bring perhaps one soul to repentance. And let me tell you, it has been my greatest joy. I shared the story with President Kosak and he had tears in his eyes and said I had to send it to him today so he could send it to the area presidency. We met with XXXXX again on saturday morning because she had to cancel our friday evening appointment so she invited us over for breakfast because she just couldn't wait to meet with us.

    I love you Andre! Thanks for your love and support! Be good and have a great week!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment