Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas from Preservati​on Hall


Andre!!

   thanks for all the pictures! I can't wait to go back to that beautiful city. Its my home away from home, or atleast the whole state of Louisiana. Its just such a fun creole/cajun culture full of happy artsy fartsy people. If there is a cool LSU shirt that would be nice. But other than that just enjoy yourself. I can't wait to talk to you all tomorrow. I am more excited to talk to you all then open my package ( but presents are good too :) ) Well yesterday at church we were just bombarded with presents from all the members. We went home witha box full of gifts. They are so generous and really caught us off guard.

Theres a family in our ward whose son just returned home from his mission in poland and gave his home coming talk yesterday. It really made me recognize the phrase it takes a village to raise a child. One person from a ward going on a mission is as if the entire ward just sent their son on a mission. The blessings that come from missionary service not only impact the direct family but the ward family. It made me think of you and when you came home and just how joyful everyone was because you offered your time, talents, and service to build up the Lords kingdom. Thanks for being such an amazing example to me!

   I mailed off your birthday package this week and then the family christmas package too. I hope you love your gifts! I tried to give everyone a taste of Germany and some of the cultural things here. In germany, Christmas is really celebrated today. Tomorrow is just a day where they eat together in the evening but today is when santa claus comes and the tree is set up and the presents are opened and everyone takes baths or showers to clean up for the evening. What was christmas like in Brazil?

     Have fun today Andre, I can't wait to talk to you tomorrow!! HALELUJAH!!! Love you bunches! keep working on the patience. It'll come :)

-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment