Monday, January 7, 2013

James 5:16 ''The effectual fervant prayer of a righteous man availeth much.''

Hey Andre!

  I'm glad that you loved all your birthday gifts. I'll be sure to buy the other two packs to ligretto before I come home so that we can all play together. Otherwise it's on Amazon I believe. But its probably easier for me to find it than you guys :) I can't believe all the traveling that you guys do. Its exciting that you and Ellen will get to spend time with Tyrone and Char. I didn't know the Seckman's moved? When did that happen? Are Jake and Grace getting excited for their wedding coming up. How are they doing? Is Jake back in school doing a masters or doctorate? I actually was telling an investigator about him the other day and how great an influence his parents had on him.

   Our week has been really busy and good. We are trying to make the best use of our time always and just going going going. Yesterday it seemed we had to run to catch all our tains. At one point I just took my shoes of and booked it to the Bahnhof because my shoes were holding me up. In the winter my feet don't get hot and so all my shoes are way big for me. Na ja (no worries), I only got to keep wearing them for a little longer :) We have zone training meeting on Thursday. I'm excited to meet as a zone. Its always a way uplifting experience. We met our new district this past week in Bremen. The ward building in Bremen is like the size of one in America. I have to take a picture some day soon. The Elders told us we would ride past it on the bus and then have to walk back to it. Most German church buildings don't look like one so I figured we needed to keep our eyes peeled. Oh no we didn't, that thing is so ginormous ain't nobody could miss it.

     We got a new investigator this week. His name is XXXX and he is so ready for the Gospel. Some missionaries contacted into him in another area and then he moved to Bremerhaven. Our first appointment with him fell out but then this past week we actually got to meet with him. It was just incredible. We gave him a church tour and then taught him the ENTIRE restoration lesson. That barely ever happens. But he is so smart, and down to earth, and normal , and just ready for the gospel. All three of us are excited to meet again. We have been receiving referrals like crazy. We had nine to contact this past week. We got five done and have four more to go. Its great to see this ward so enthusiastic about missionary work. We contacted a friend of the branch president's this past week and she let us in and we had an hour long discussion about the church and her faith. It was so awesome. She had such a high respect for the church just because of the branch president and his family and the way they live their lives. We hardly ever realize just how much of an example we are to others. Don't forget that.

   I found a scripture I really like yesterday in James 5:16 ''The effectual fervant prayer of a righteous man availeth much.'' I like that. Oh , there will be 19 sisters arriving for next transfer so perhaps next transfer I will be training.

   I hope you have a great week Andre! Love you!

-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment