Monday, April 22, 2013

TEN FREAKING DAYS!

Lyndel,
I'm not so sure how much of my bum I can work off this next week because members like to say goodbye with eating appointments. I'm just not going to be eating between appointments. There is no other way that I can do it! Sorry Michael won't be there to pick me up from the airport. Will he come later in the evening to our house? When is he done with school? Are you excited for girls camp? I am! I don't think I've ever been excited for girls camp, Haha! But this year is different and I think its cause they can't tell me what to do, I'm a big person ( or so I like to think).

This past week for Sister Jensen and I was good. We decided to save some money and bike the 21 kilometers out to an appointment only to find out upon arrival that the lady forgot and was another 30 minutes away by car. That was a little frustrating! Especially cause we were riding hard for an hour and 20 minutes against the wind. Needless to say we have wonderful legs now :) We weren't able to meet with XXXXXXX this week. We plan of meeting with her Tuesday and Saturday. We are going to have to have a pretty rough heart to heart with her. She has to understand who missionaries are. She did at the very beginning but it has disappeared somewhere. We also need to find out what it is that she wants.

Our transfer call will be this Saturday. We're pretty sure Sister Jensen will have to be training. 17 new sisters arrive in our mission and only three of us are going home. And 12 were new last transfer so something crazy like that so basically everyone is training or being trained. I'm way excited for you guys to get sisters! I can't wait to joint teach with them!

We did a bunch of doors yesterday and we had the opportunity to talk to this older lady. Our conversation was really interesting and good until I realized maybe the third time through that we were having the same conversation over and over and over again. I'm pretty sure she has dementia or Alzheimers. The problem is, I couldn't let her have the last word if it wasn't correct like when she would kept saying but no one has seen God and then I would have to say yes! People can see God and Joseph Smith saw him and so did Moses and Stephan and Adam, etc. Oh heavens, I just have problems cause I like to testify and I can't let false doctrine have the upper hand. It took us 30 minutes to get out of that conversation. I had to tell her several times that we had to go. She didn't really get it until we started backing away. Ha! Oh the things we experience....

Make sure to have fun at work this week and find time for just you and Michael. I love you Lyndel and can't wait to come home to spend time with you!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment