Monday, July 2, 2012

Letter from Oz

Hey Mumma,

  I feel stressed. So I got to email a bit this morning and was feeling good but then I had to go and have a two hour driving session with the driving school man. I did pass my driving test with no mistakes and when I went to pick up my German license the lady said that she told me I had to take the Praxis exam and the theory and I just took the theory. I'm pretty sure she only told us I had to take the theory. Anyways we called President Pimentel and told him everything that happened and he said since I had come that far that I should keep going. So the Praxis exam is a 45 minute on the road driving test with a parking requirement and some other strange things. It seems to be causing a lot of people trouble that I'm just going to have an automatic license and not a manual. The driving instructor has a car that I practice in and will take the test in. It's like driving a tank. Sister Openshaw says I'm a much better driver in our little Opel Corsa than that chunky Mercedes. I agree. Anyways it's stressful and annoying and I don't like it but it's what I need to do so I can drive legally.

  I miss the temple a lot. I usually put myself to sleep at night going to the temple in my mind. I don't like not going. It's not fun to be kept away. That's another reason why I'm so looking forward to this temple trip with our members. It's a great way to be spiritually rejuvinated. I'm glad that you got to learn something new when you went to the temple and that you've been able to go so often.

  
   I've had to learn to be more patient with a member in our branch. To show him love regardless or what comes out of his mouth.  Some days are better than others but as President Pimentel told me, charity wasn't meant to be easy otherwise it wouldn't have been a Christ-like attribute.

    Well this week was fun and busy. Our investigators went a little off the deep end just doing things they shouldn't. We met with Herr XXXXX on Saturday and he has gone A LOT backwards. He thinks now that work is more important than God and that not reading is better than reading for just 5 minutes in the scriptures. It's really upsetting because we know he has a testimony but he is physically choosing to ignore it. He was on the verge of tears in our lesson. Hopefully he decides to change his life around soon.

   We had 4 investigators at church! It was an amazing sacrament meeting and XXXXXX (who is like 6 foot 5 and 350lbs) got up and bore his testimony and just sobbed about how much the Gospel has allowed him to recognize the blessings in his life. It was really lovely. We will be meeting our new Mission president on wednesday, President Kosak, at zone conference. Sister Openshaw and I have to teach a lesson at Zone conference. I'm excited. It should be fun.

Have fun with Jean and John and give everyone my love! I love you and love hearing from you. Have a great week!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment