Monday, July 16, 2012

Your missionary plaque

Dad,
I love all the pictures you sent last week of your trip with Eli. I especially love the picture from the subway of the sign for Steinway street. I'd love to frame that.  It sounds like you and Eli had a blast! I'm glad you two got to spend so much time together and to enjoy such a fun trip.

Well we had our transfer call on Saturday and Sister Openshaw is being transferred to Leipzig and Sister Tidwell will be coming here to Halberstadt with me. I'm really sad to be saying goodbye to Sister Openshaw just for a little while. I got to talk to Sister Tidwell on the phone last night and she's really funny. I passed my driving test and got a go-between license until they make my real one. I'll be able to pick up the real one in August. The nice things about these licenses is that they never expire. Nifty huh?

We had a ward grilling activity this past Wednesday. It was fun to have everyone there, to eat together, and play some games with the kids. The rain luckily stopped enough so that we would be able to have some fun. Sister Openshaw and I enjoyed having 9 investigators there and playing soccer with the kids. They're all too funny. We went to Deersheim, another dorf in our area, this week for finding. We didn't have much luck finding anyone interested. We got to talk to a lot of people. It was neat to see how almost every building there was on a national registry for one thing or another. On our way home we stopped at a look out point and took a picture. The area of Harz is just gorgeous.

XXXXXX was really sick this week with an infection so we weren't able to meet with him and Herr XXXXX said we could meet with him next week. XXXX has decided to not be baptized on the 26th but is going to continue to meet with us. Hopefully we'll be able to help get him on the path to baptism again.

Well I hope you have a less stressful week this week. I love you Dad. Thanks for all your love and support!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment