Monday, August 27, 2012

Hello from Dad August 26 2012

Hey Dad,
 That's crazy that the Sister Missionaries were moved from the area. The Elders will do just as good of a job. I hope the ward will come to love and appreciate them too. How is it having all the youth firesides? Do you like switching between our house and the Fishers? Do you get to visit young men and young womens a lot or no?
 
   We found out this week that we will have a ''zone training meeting'' on the 4th and I'm not sure if we all have to go or not. So if the package gets to Berlin by that time and we all have to go then I'll get the first package. Otherwise you can send the second. Its up to you. Transfer call was Saturday and Sister Tidwell and I will both be staying in Halberstadt. I will have been here for 9 months at the end of this transfer. That's half my mission! The Lord certainly needed me here. I'm grateful to get to stay and to continue working with the people I love so much and care for everyday. 
 
   It's neat that your ward council jumps on ideas to serve so very quickly. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a missionary in Georgia in our ward. It just seems like it would be too easy to get joint teaches or help or service assignments. It's a blessing that the ward is so big in Atlanta. Let me know how the food storage program goes with the church across from Brook Run.
 
   How have you been getting people to rate you (with stained glass)? Are you on Angies list or something similiar to that? Dad, you're doing such a great job at being bishop. I wish I could have seen you your first time around. I love how proactive you are and how your jump up to the plate to do the Lords work. You have no inhibitions and that's what the Lord likes!
 
  I can't believe how HUGE Eli is. I left him and he was just barely as tall as Mum and now he is TALLER than her, by at least a head! I also love that his teams colors are purple and gold. I'm a fan :) Has he started playing any games yet? Is he still loving practices?
 
   So this past week we sat down and tried to figure out how we could help a lot of our ward members. It seemed that a few of them were on the brink of inactivity. So Tuesday Sister Tidwell and I made hearts and wrote all the things we loved about a member, XXXXX, on them and put them in her briefcasten or mailbox. She originially wasn't going to come to FHE that afternoon but she walked in the blazing heat and was SOOOO Happy. It showed us that by helping others see their divine character and letting the feel the love from their Heavenly Father that the message of the gospel can change anyones opinion. At the end of everyone appointment we ask if there is anything we can do for our investigators or members. There was one who we knew he needed something but he just kept saying everything was fine and he didn't need anything. Well Friday we got a call and he said that he really did need help and we were able to help him. It's interesting how for some people asking for help is like getting a root canal. The Lord doesn't expect any of his children to go without and thats why he has servants on the earth. We should take advantage of their services and allow them to fulfill their callings by asking for help when we need it. 
 
   Sister Tidwell and I were doing doors earlier this week and this 4 year old girl had eyed us and then came over and asked us what we were doing and why we were klingeling everyone. She invited herself along to door people and even pushed the doorbell for some. It was cute to talk to her. Her grandma wasn't too happy when we door into her nor did she have interest. :)
 
   Well I hope you have a fabulous week Dad. Thanks for your thoughts. I haven't been able to read them yet, but I printed them out. Thanks for the pictures! Love you!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment