Monday, August 27, 2012

What was that flying past?

Hey Mumma,
I loved your busy week.

   Transfer call on Saturday: Sister Tidwell and I are both staying. The next transfer call is on Andre's birthday. By that time I will have been here for 9 months. Crazy Huh? The ward was really excited to know that I will be staying and they all had a good laugh over how long I've been here. I'm grateful that Sister Tidwell and I get to be together as she makes me laugh everyday and helps me to see the many little miracles in our lives each day. I love working with her and being her companion.

    This past week we got into contact with XXXXXX again. He is out of the hospital. He said he had too much protein in his pee so that's why he went to the hospital. We set a new baptismal date for September XX because he started smoking again when he came out of the hospital. He was stressed that we weren't able to get in contact with him while he was gone but come to find out we had the wrong cell phone number. He got a new one and forgot to tell us. He is very excited to be baptized and is really looking forward to it! As am I! We contacted a lot of old investigators from years ago and were able to make out three new appointments with them. We will be meeting with them this week so it'll be good to see if we can help them progress. One had a baptismal date and then seemed to have gotten scared and dropped the missionaries all together.

   We heart attacked Schwester Mußmann this week with hearts in her mail box. It was amazing to see how a few words of kindness can change a whole persons attitude. Do you have any ideas what I can get Andre for his birthday? I'm not sure what to get a married man with a house. He seems so grown up now.

   For FHE we talked about Helaman and the 2000 strippling warriors and how because of their faith they were able to fight with the Lord on their side. We made Shields of Faith and Schwester Mußmann drew a picture of the temple on hers. I thought that was really appropriate. The temple should be our shield of faith and should help us strengthen our shield each time we go.

  I hope this week at school isn't too stressful. I love you very much and I am so grateful for your love and support Mumma. Have a great next week.

-Ariel Nell

Schwester Mußmann and her shield

Sister Tidwell and Bruder Lau

Me and Schwester Mußmann working

No comments:

Post a Comment