Monday, February 11, 2013

Sweet Valentine!

Hey Mumma!
  It's so wonderful to hear from you. Sometimes I wish that I could just call you and check in everyday like I did in college!

   The Lord definitely qualifies everyone for the work. In D&C 4 it talks about faith  hope and charity, an eye single to the glory qualifies us for the work. When we believe in the Lord, and hope it be better, show love for others, and focus on the lords goals he will make up the rest. Don't forget that. We had district conference this week and that was really wonderful. I really enjoyed hearing from the old district President and the new one and also our mission presidency. Something that one of the counselors said is that we don't have to wait for the blessings of the restoration, we can receive them when we seek for them and as we follow the Lord. Our sins can and will be forgiven as we love others, serve others, and share the blessings of the Gospel. That is a restoration of who we are. I guess I never thought about that as a fulfillment of prophecy that there must be a restoration of all things but it makes sense. We must restore ourselves in order to be the lords and that comes through our lives as we live righteously.

    I am not sure what kind of place we will live in. Annette just asked me. I told her I would ask you guys and asked her if we could look for a place when I'm home in May or will she go ahead and do it before hand. I'll have to send her another email. So the architecture program at LSU is immediately a 5 year program. Right now she is doing a year study abroad in the United Arab Emerites. So my junior year will be the last year for her at LSU. She has a friend from home that I met when I visited her family, Jess, who is thinking of coming to LSU to do her masters. Jess is also a very good kid, very religious and has great standards.

   I'm glad you were able to talk to Brother Kane yesterday. Well I hit my right knee this past week in a car accident. Here's the story: I was riding my bike Tuesday night crossing a main intersection that is not too far from our apartment. Sister Dean rode across before me and I was behind her a normal distance. I saw the light was green and that there was a car waiting at the cross walk for us to cross. Right as I was in front of the car the car started going again and drove right into me and my bicycle. I naturally was hit to the ground with my bike. This time I hit my right knee, my right elbow, and my left calf. The passenger of the car got out and began yelling at me as I was picking myself up. Sister Dean heard me scream as the car hit me and ran over immediately to see if I was okay. She was asking all the important questions like if I hurt myself and was I alright and the lady was still yelling. Sister Dean told the lady very politely that we wished her a nice evening in hopes that she would leave. Sister Dean then called the police and they arrived and questioned everyone and directed us to go to the hospital so I could be medically examined. The driver and the passenger had to stay a little while longer with the police. As we were leaving the police were taking pictures of the front of the car so I guess I dented it and marked it up with my bike. Sister Dean and I went to Saint Josephs hospital. There I had my bloody knee cleaned up (it was just scraped). In my left calf I had a lump of blood that was swelling and hurting and had already bruised my leg. The doctors just put some cooling gel on it and then wrapped my leg. We then went upstairs and I got 7 x-rays taken of my legs (3 on my right and 4 on my left) and then the doctor said I just needed to not walk on my leg the next day and to rest. So we went home. I was feeling okay Tuesday evening but Wednesday I felt sick all over. My whole body just ached. After I was hit by the car I was shaking really bad. Sister Dean asked if I was cold and I said I wasn't sure and she said she wasn't and it wasn't cold outside so I was probably just shaking from shock. Anyways I'm doing much better, My knee is almost healed, I'm walking, and just have a bunch of little bruises all over. We spent Wednesday at home to I could elevate my left leg and rest. The lady who yelled lots called us Wednesday morning at 8:30 to see how I was doing. She said she couldn't sleep the whole night because she was so worried. Since then she has called two more times to double check on me and my health. Very nice of her. Now I've just got to fill out insurance forms so that the car drivers insurance company pays to fix the minor damage to my bike. He only managed to break the chain protector and bend a piece of metal on my bike that I have no idea what its supposed to look like normally. The Lord really does protect his servants! Don't worry, I'm doing okay now. And Yes, We are very careful as we ride our bikes but I can't control what the cars do.

    I got my hair cut last Monday and now it is super short and I LOVE it.  XXXXXXX was a bit upset that I didn't save my hair so she could glue it to her head and have more hair, ha! We had transfer calls this past week and I found out that I will be training in Bremerhaven. A brand new missionary. That's really strange! I'm excited but a little nervous too. I hope I can help her have a great start to her mission. Sister Dean will also be training but in Berlin where she will be opening a new sisters area!

   I love you Mumma. Have a great week and try to be a little less stressed. I wish I could be there to let you have a break from craziness. Thanks for all your love and support!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment