Monday, March 18, 2013

Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree

Well Mumma,
The snow this week just got even crazier! We woke up this morning to LOTS of snow. Spring is coming right? The head lines in the newspapers are quoting people on Facebook saying they're sick and tired of winter. Poor Germans, if only they lived in the South a little more they would have 4 different seasons.

I don't remember the apricot tree blossoms being pink. Were they always pink? Is the cherry blossom tree also blooming? I had dreams of Darcy last night. He didn't recognize me. I hope he does. I miss him. The Relief Society skit sounded funny and fun. I really like that song that you all sang together. I'm glad that you had fun with all the Sisters.

I really enjoyed reading the scriptures set aside for last week too. I had also been studying a lot about commandments and my mind was just blown by Alma 12:32. It says: ''Therefore God gave unto them commandments, after having made known unto them the plan of redemption, that they should not do evil, the penalty thereof being a second death....''Okay, you ready for this? So in the pre-earth life, Heavenly Father explained to us all the plan of salvation. We know that. He made sure we understood it and in my mind I'm sure we expressed concern for how to remember what he taught us when we were to go through a veil and that's when God was like, ''Don't worry, I've put together these things called commandments. When you follow them you'll for sure come back to me. You'll remember these things that you learned here because they'll trigger your memory.'' And then we were all like, '' Sweet! Lets go!'' And so heavenly Father explained to us the plan so that we wouldn't have to make a blind decision but could know full well what we were doing. And he gave us commandments so that we would never experience this separation from him in this life or the one to come, also known as a second death. When we teach the gospel of Jesus Christ we explain that there are two things we need to return to our Heavenly Fathers presence: to be immortal and perfect. Well Jesus Christ took care of our immortality in that he took upon him our sins, died, and was resurrected so that we can all be resurrected. The next step is up to us. To become perfect we must exercise our faith, repent, be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, endure to the end. But something that just hit be so strong was how our Heavenly Father gave us to commandments to make us perfect. Keeping the commandments really are the cheat codes of life and we are REALLY dumb if we don't follow them. It was just so eye opening. I hope that makes sense. It just made me have such a stronger testimony of how merciful God is and how much love he has for all of us.

Yep I will be there soon. I can't think of anything that you have to prepare for me to come home. Unless it's some yummy veggies and fish :) I can't wait to see you all! I miss you all terribly. Have a great week Mummy. Keep your head up, Heavenly Father will open more doors for you! I love you!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment