Monday, October 8, 2012

It's becoming fall...

Lyndel,
 First off, I have to say your husband is a great man and my favorite brother in law :) 
 
  A weekend in the mountains sounds fun. It's neat you got to be up there with all the Van Sant kids. Yes, we did hear the news at General Conference about the missionary ages dropping. That was so stinking sweet to hear! Just a sign of the times that Heavenly Father is kicking this into high gear. We got to get gathering and fast. Yes, I totally would have gone at 19 years old. I'm so proud of all the young people now who get to go at 18 and 19. Sister Tidwell and I were talking about it and she and I both noted that for many girls the years between 18-21, where many girls feel they should serve -  meet many doubts or do something that knocks them off the path or they get married and start a family. By lowering the age for girls especially, it will allow for a lot more girls to serve missions and raise a family at a time that is normal. I really hope Eli goes at 18 years old. All the Elders who I have had the chance to see come into the field change for the better by leaps and bounds in just a few months. A mission is the best thing anyone can do for their life and their future family. Basically, dropping the age = best idea EVER.
 
 XXXXXX is doing much better. He is out of the hospital and we were able to visit him. Some lady saw his Book of Mormon in the hospital and said it was a devilish book. He was so ticked. He said,'' Look, it even says, 'Another Testament of Jesus Christ' on the cover!'' He is so great. He is set to be baptized at the end of October. I'm praying that Satan doesn't throw him any more curve balls.
 
  I did get your birthday package for me! Thanks so much! My finger nails have been a lively mint green since I opened it. Thanks for the hair ties too, those are always handy and I LOVE my coca- cola glass. It sat on my desk and held my coloring pencils for when I study. But now it is sitting packed in my suitcase because I got transfered to Bremerhaven. I'm super sad to leave Sister Tidwell. She has taught me so much and has really helped me find the joy in life and has taught me to laugh. She is amazing and I can't wait to party with her and Sister Openshaw when we are all home. Sister Openshaw is finished with her mission in the end of November so I'll make sure to give her your cell number or something so she can contact you about the chandelier. 
 
   I'm proud of you Lyndel! Thanks for all the love and support. Keep being amazing. Love you!
-Ariel Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment